Thursday, May 10, 2007

It was time...

Hello and welcome to the new...
Log & Rustic Furniture blog!

A few years ago when I began putting together the Log & Rustic Furniture Directory, my intent was to categorize everything under one main directory. After a few months of data collection, talking to companies and growing the directory, it became apparent that I should divide the main directory into separate indices. I found that although such products are related, people searching for "twig furniture" were not the same people who were looking for "antler lighting" or "chainsaw carvings".

I decided to create separate websites for these products and group everything under a family of rustic directories. This proved to be the right decision as it kept products organized, yet everything was aligned under the same umbrella of rustic directories. Today, I find myself making a similar decision with my blog... make that blogs (plural).

The original blog, Log Homes and Log Furniture, was begun over a year ago and (like my idea for the directory) it was a catch-all for log and timberframe home information and log furnishings and rustic decor. Although it worked very well, I am now faced with the same dilemma that I faced with the directories.

People looking for "log home information" are not typically the same people searching for "twig furniture" or "antler art". Based on the emails I've received and the blog comments over the past year, it has become apparent that I would best serve my readers if these topics were separated into two different blogs; a blog about log homes and this new blog about log and rustic furnishings and décor. There will be overlap for sure, but it will be complimentary not competitive.

So, welcome to the new blog for
Log & Rustic Furniture and Décor.

No comments: